Thursday 10 January 2013

About Me


My name is Brooke Gelo and I am in my second and final year in the faculty of Education at Brandon University.  I am within the senior years stream at BU and my teachable subjects are Biology, Math and Chemistry, but I enjoy teaching and learning all subject areas.

I am 25 years old and married with one step-daughter and another on the way.  I enjoy playing all sports (especially hockey, tennis and golf) and am an avid reader.  I attended Shattuck St. Mary's Prep School in Faribault, Minnesota on a hockey scholarship for most of my high school years (Grades 10-12).  I enjoyed these years at Shattuck as it taught me dependency and the value of hard work and learning.  I graduated from Shattuck St. Mary's in 2005 and received a full hockey scholarship from Bemidji State University where I eventually earned my Bachelor's Degree in Science, with a major in Chemistry and minor in Biology (and just short of a minor in Math).

Family has always been very important to me as I grew up in a family of 7.  I love spending time with my family and believe it is the core of who I am.  I am a passionate, caring and fun person.

I believe that I will always be a learner, especially when I am teaching within the classroom.  I will be learning as much from my students as I hope they will be learning from me.

This blog is going to be about my experience as an educator and I hope to accumulate many resources for other educators to use.  I believe that it is important to share information between professionals, especially between educators because there is a vast amount of content that is out there that needs to be sifted through.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging. Hopefully it'll become more than just a diary for you, or at least a super-powered, searchable, networked diary.
    I look forward to learning and sharing together.

    ReplyDelete